David Cook is alive!

I haven't heard of David Cook in a looooooong time. After his fairly successful post-Idol album that sold some 1.4 million copies...nothing. No idea what he's up to. At least his CD still plays in the car from time to time while I scream at the top of my lungs to Light On.

But now the Season 7 winner is back with American Idol's new exit song, the one that plays while we all say goodbye to each week's casualty.


Cook is doing a cover (one thing he's really good at) of Don't You (Forget About Me) by Simple Minds. I haven't heard it yet but I'm hoping it's good because I think the best exit song to date is Daughtry's Home. So we'll see about that.

Our favorite David is also releasing his sophomore album sometime this spring. It's good to know that he's still with his label, which means he's doing good. Unlike the "other David" who was unceremoniously dropped by Jive. Yes, David Archuleta was released from his contract with his record label, apparently due to dismal album sales.

Forgive me if I've only heard of this now because My Bibe and I have been so out of touch with what's happening around lately. We haven't even watched a single episode of American Idol so far this season! So out of touch that we didn't even know our other favorite idol, Mama Adam Lambert, was nominated for a Grammy! But of course he didn't win.


Meanwhile, I'll be waiting for David Cook's new album, which hopefully, will do as well or even better than his previous effort. The countdown is on!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FRAGRANCE | Green Cedar EDT by Bench: An environmentally-conscious offering from the Philippines' premier retail brand

Man of style: Steven Tyler