[Project Look Book] Wednesday, September 21, 2011

39 years ago today, the Philippines was placed under martial law by then President Ferdinand Marcos. This lasted until 1981 and is widely considered a dark period in the country's history. Countless Filipinos who opposed the Marcos regime were effectively silenced - either temporarily through incarceration (among them the father of incumbent President Benigno Aquino III) and other means (torture included), or permanently (I need not elaborate). To this day, many are crying for justice over human rights violations during that period. Just this year, thousands of victims were awarded $1,000 each in a class action suit. The payout amounted to $7.5 million.

I myself am guilty of somehow neglecting the value of the freedom of speech that I enjoy today. It is a right, yes, but it's become so easy for people nowadays to voice their opinions, more so in this digital age. But this hasn't always been the case. It is therefore important to look back and be reminded that 39 years ago today, this so-called freedom had been curtailed.

Oh my, enough with the serious stuff. I was just supposed to show what I wore to work today!

rszDSC_6606adj

Was a bit lazy with the outfit choice, though. I wore a thrifted pullover I realized I hadn't worn yet this year. I had it for some time now. It's actually gray although it looks brownish in the photos courtesy of the brown glass panels filtering the sunlight through the building. I paired it with gray pinstripe pants and black shoes from Aldo.

rszDSC_6594cropadj

By the way, I also wore this necklace that I bought last Sunday from an OTOP stall at the Caltex gas station along SLEX. It's where I got my lovely espadrilles.

rszDSC_6682adj

And because my eyes were a bit dry since yesterday, I wore my Kenneth Cole frames instead of contacts.

rszDSC_6639cropadj
rszDSC_6622adj
rszDSC_6602cropadj
rszDSC_6634adj
rszDSC_6649adj
rszDSC_6665cropadj

Noticed the sunlight? Yeah, I was basking in all it's glory. I told you it's always summer here.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FRAGRANCE | Green Cedar EDT by Bench: An environmentally-conscious offering from the Philippines' premier retail brand

Man of style: Steven Tyler