Quilted beauties from Barbour

Coming from a lovely and sunny beach weekend getaway, I'm now greeted with rain back here in the Metro. Nevertheless, it's the perfect time for some layering and putting on a jacket, so I'm not really complaining. But I'm fancying some quilts right now.

Though they're meant for temperatures much cooler than where I am right now, I'm liking these quilted jackets from Barbour. They're classics and there's no topping that, much like this one below:

quilted barbour jacket 02 copy
The Barbour Microfibre Polarquilt in olive; extra-warm, fleece-lined with microfibre outer.

J. Barbour & Sons have been producing such classic beauties along with other pieces of clothing since 1894. While the clothes are primarily meant for country living, there's no stopping city folks from donning them as well because they're as stylish enough as they are functional. The British brand, after all, is known for its high quality, stylish, and practical clothing.

Despite the brand's classic bearing, their quilted jackets are also available online. I've picked a few here from Aston Bourne, including the one above:

quilted barbour jacket 01 copy
The Barbour Quilted Hardwick Jacket in navy. I find this piece really slick, reminding me of a trench or a military coat.

quilted barbour jacket 03 copy
The Barbour Bardon Quilted Jacket in navy. I love how the pockets and the flaps are placed. It's a modern take on a classic.

I've always lamented at why most stuff aren't made the way they used to be made anymore, but thankfully Barbour is staying true to its roots even as it constantly adapts to modern times. Having been in business for more than a century could only mean that these guys are clearly doing it right.

Comments

  1. Don't ask me why but I've always been fond of quilted jacket... love the look they give to an outfit! :-)

    http://whitecloset.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Barbour!!

    Have a nice day!

    J. Héctor

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FRAGRANCE | Green Cedar EDT by Bench: An environmentally-conscious offering from the Philippines' premier retail brand

Man of style: Steven Tyler