Tie it up

While I made good by wearing suit jackets the entire 5 days last week, I must admit that I haven't worn a tie in a quite a long time. The good thing is I miss wearing them, much so when I saw these handsome pieces over at East Dane:

ties_2014 11 18
Clockwise from top left:
Wool woven tie in navy by Drake's.
Slub silk necktie in acqua grass by Marwood.
Milan tie in black and cream combo by CAMO.
Cashmere woven necktie in navy and ecru combo by Drake's.

I'm really digging these woven beauties. Because they're woven, I kind of appreciate the added amount of detail involved here. They don't look too restrictive and affords the wearer a more relaxed vibe.

And to further dispel any air of business formality, why not try some ties that are toying with eccentric. I mean, a mesh lace tie? Common! Just look at these pieces from Marwood to see what I mean:

ties_2014 11 181
Left to right:
Mesh lace tie in ecru and brown combo; chalkline necktie in a black and silver grey blend; floor tiles tie in off white and grey combo; all Marwood.

But if you still don't fancy that lengthy necktie, how about you care for some bow ties instead? I have a soft spot for bow ties, and I don't care if they're clip-ons.

ties_2014 11 182
Top row:
Pony bow tie in brown with green piping; plaid bow tie with piping; both from MISTER .duvall.
Bottom row:
Oscar exposed thread bow tie; grey brown bow tie; both from Alexander Olch.

Okay, I promise I'm gonna wear a tie tomorrow. So, what's your pick?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FRAGRANCE | Green Cedar EDT by Bench: An environmentally-conscious offering from the Philippines' premier retail brand

Man of style: Steven Tyler