LOOKBOOK | 14Apr2015: Silver against the sun

01ADM_2469

I don't understand what kept me from wearing them but yesterday my pair of silver brogues finally hit the road close to four months after getting them. At this point the sun is shining blindingly bright, so I thought I'm going to give him a dose of his own medicine by reflecting everything back.

02ADM_2500
03ADM_2535

These brogues are technically sneakers, and Tuesday wasn't really a day to go all casual. So what I did was put on a suit (a blue one, with tiny white dots), and true enough, my colleagues placed my look as "formal" -- that is until they saw the shoes. But still the suit did the trick, much like that one time I wore a shirt and tie with sneakers.

I couldn't get myself to wear a business shirt under that jacket, though, because it's summer here and the heat is just so unbearable. I ended up with a plain colored tee. And because it's just a t-shirt, I always kept my jacket on while I was at the office.

In terms of accessories, I kept it at a minimum: just a watch and an understated necklace. There's already a lot going on in this outfit so I had to pull back.

04ADM_2514
05ADM_2471
06ADM_2516
07ADM_2531
08ADM_2525
09ADM_2473

As for the sun, he continued to shine mightily bright the whole day. My shoes were no match but at least I tried.
_______________
Colored V-neck tee (Bench); suit (H&M); brogue-style sneakers (Swear); necklace (Aldo).

Comments

  1. Such great shoes! I´ve always wanted to try silver shoes but for some reason I´m still holding that out...Maybe they are a bit too flashy for me...but well we all need a little flashy in our lives don´t we?

    Hugs
    Andy
    theblacklabelblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FRAGRANCE | Green Cedar EDT by Bench: An environmentally-conscious offering from the Philippines' premier retail brand

Man of style: Steven Tyler