THROWBACK THURSDAY | 08Oct2015: The cat in the bag and the Manila Bay sunset

tbt manila bay sunset cruise 01

Save for the people in the background, there's three of us in the photo. Can you spot who's the third? This was taken in April of 2007 when we went on a sunset cruise along Manila Bay.

Sunsets at Manila Bay have long been regarded as one of the most beautiful. Given the right weather conditions, this is very true. A month ago I had the chance of driving along Roxas Boulevard but I found the baywalk quite dry, boring actually. I was reminded of the time when the seaside promenade was bustling with activity. With a number of establishments lined up then, it was once a happening place.

It was around this time when we boarded one of those ferries offering sunset cruises complete with food, drinks, and a live band for entertainment. I didn't know if pets were actually allowed on board or not but just the same I snuck in Kwittie Boy, who at the time was our only cat.

tbt manila bay sunset cruise 02
The baywalk was bustling with activity back in 2007. I think it all came to a halt in 2010 when a new mayor took over.

tbt manila bay sunset cruise 03
Aboard the ferry, where people can order food and drinks.

tbt manila bay sunset cruise 04
Band playing in the background. I felt sorry for them because no one was paying them any attention at all. But then how can you compete with a glorious sunset?

tbt manila bay sunset cruise 05
Hello, Kwittie Boy!

tbt manila bay sunset cruise 06
I realized we should take our cats out more often. Isn't he cute or what?

tbt manila bay sunset cruise 07
Fantastic natural warm lighting and perfectly calm waters.

tbt manila bay sunset cruise 08
One of the other boats offering sunset cruises at the time.

tbt manila bay sunset cruise 09
Unfortunately this was as close as I could get with my 18-55mm lens. But you get the picture, right?

tbt manila bay sunset cruise 010
The afterglow, bathing everything in warm orange tones.

Except for that paraw ride in Boracay and that sunset cruise along Misibis Bay, I don't remember going on any other sunset cruise since, more so along Manila Bay. I should probably go on another one soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FRAGRANCE | Green Cedar EDT by Bench: An environmentally-conscious offering from the Philippines' premier retail brand

Man of style: Steven Tyler