LIFESTYLE | The polar bears, reindeer, and co. are back for Christmas at Rockwell

halfwhiteboy powerplant mall christmas decor 2016 01
It's the reindeer's time to sing this year.

I often say that I love Halloween more than Christmas but it doesn't mean I don't love Christmas. Maybe it's the dressing up in a Halloween costume that appeals to me so much that makes me say such things. With Christmas, on the other hand, it's the festive decor that I enjoy a lot, and I always appreciate whatever anyone puts up.

One of the decors I look forward to each year are from Power Plant Mall in Rockwell, Makati City. They won me over four years ago when I first saw their stuffed animal holiday display, which drove me nuts. Talk about polar bears, pandas, penguins, and white tigers fitted with animatronics! All the cuteness will kill you and the kid in me naturally took over. Some of them even learned how to "sing" over the years (just go see them and you'll get what I mean). Last time it was a polar bear that did the singing; this year it's a reindeer. Now watch this:


While the mall doesn't really deviate from their formula of classic Christmas with red and gold ornaments and stuffed animals, the sheer amount of decor that they mount is epic. They absolutely do not scrimp on anything here, wrapping every arc and column with plastic pine leaves and lights while huge wreaths hang from the ceiling. After employing orange lights last year, which I really loved, by the way--Power Plant went back to using warm yellow this time. As for the animals, they simply find themselves stationed in different areas of the mall each year.

I haven't circled the whole mall yet but what I saw some two weeks ago was more than enough to make me happy. I mean, after going through hellish Friday night traffic, my mood instantly lightened up upon entering the mall. Here are a few photos:

halfwhiteboy powerplant mall christmas decor 2016 02
Stationed at one of the mall entrances, the polar bears and some penguins are in charge of welcoming visitors.

halfwhiteboy powerplant mall christmas decor 2016 03
From a lazy photographer, a glimpse into the mall's decor while seated at a resto on the ground floor. But didn't I say that all arcs and columns are wrapped in lights? And look at those wreaths!

halfwhiteboy powerplant mall christmas decor 2016 04
The Christmas tree at the 1st level.

halfwhiteboy powerplant mall christmas decor 2016 05
This reindeer doesn't seem too pleased being bossed around by a polar bear and not Santa.

halfwhiteboy powerplant mall christmas decor 2016 06
Cute baby reindeer. And no, their noses are not red.

halfwhiteboy powerplant mall christmas decor 2016 07
Outside and around the Rockwell area, last year's orange lights are at play.

halfwhiteboy powerplant mall christmas decor 2016 08
Ah, the kid in me.

Update: I now have a couple more pictures!

halfwhiteboy powerplant mall christmas decor 2016 09
Look at how festive everything looks!

halfwhiteboy powerplant mall christmas decor 2016 10
Some big white kitties at one of the mall entrances.

halfwhiteboy powerplant mall christmas decor 2016 11
Another squad of animals greets shoppers at yet another mall entrance. But wait, there's a polar camel?

halfwhiteboy powerplant mall christmas decor 2016 12
From above, just when the shops closed for the day but right before they turned the Christmas lights off.

And in keeping with tradition, Rockwell is raffling off two luxury vehicles--Land Rover Discovery Sport S cars this time. And of course, the beauty in their raffle is that you only need to provide your contact details once, which they'll keep on record, and the stubs are simply printed for you to sign. Lovely, isn't it?

Now if only I can win one of those Land Rovers...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FRAGRANCE | Green Cedar EDT by Bench: An environmentally-conscious offering from the Philippines' premier retail brand

Man of style: Steven Tyler