LOOKBOOK | Blue, white, and silver, you say?

halfwhiteboy blue, white and silver outfit 01
"Hear ye, hear ye!"

That's me declaiming. Or delivering an oratorical piece perhaps? What about delivering a message of good cheer to the king's constituents? Haha! Whatever, I just have to have my photo photos taken by this glorious Christmas installation.

But before anything else--and even before I dressed up as a Christmas tree--my colleagues and I recently attended ISACA Manila's Christmas party at the Makati Shangri-la. The theme was winter wonderland, and they specifically stated that we follow a blue, white, and silver motif. They also said that ladies were encouraged to wear a hat and the guys, bow ties. Now that's confusing because how are bow ties and ladies's hats supposed to fit in a winter wonderland setting? But never mind, because I obliged.

halfwhiteboy blue, white and silver outfit 02
Crooner ala Bublé?

If blue, white, silver, and a bow tie were requirements, I'd be fully compliant because I did wear blue, white, silver, and a bow tie!

Coming up with this outfit, I simply pulled out from my closet a white shirt with light blue accents, a navy blue suit with white microdots, and a patterned blue bow tie. And instead of going all formal, I wore my trusty silver brogues. At least one person asked if they were indeed silver or if I just painted them over. I realized silver shoes aren't too common after all. 😆

We were early birds at the venue and while there were still very few people around, we had fun having our photos taken by the stage and onstage. And no, I wasn't really singing.

halfwhiteboy blue, white and silver outfit 03
Fully compliant guest.

halfwhiteboy blue, white and silver outfit 04
Like it's the first time I ever saw a balloon. 😂

halfwhiteboy blue, white and silver outfit 05
Presents! Are these for me?

halfwhiteboy blue, white and silver outfit 06
I wasn't wearing a lapel pin. But lo and behold, ISACA Manila's giveaways for the event were lapel pins!

At one point while we were waiting for the program to start, a colleague came back with pictures of this:

halfwhiteboy shangri-la makati christmas installation 01
Fantastic, isn't it?

It was the hotel's Christmas installation at the lobby. Envious of our colleague's photos, we rushed downstairs to, well, take our own photos. I mean, common, this grand a decor demands for some photo ops!

halfwhiteboy blue, white and silver outfit 07
Bond, is that you? In silver shoes? Nah.

halfwhiteboy blue, white and silver outfit 08
Such a happy setting to be in!

halfwhiteboy blue, white and silver outfit 09
Because of my silver oxfords, I believe I belong right here.

halfwhiteboy blue, white and silver outfit 10
Just like with Power Plant Mall's animal Christmas installations, Christmas decors simply bring out the kid in me. Brightens up my mood each time.

halfwhiteboy blue, white and silver outfit 11
BFG?

halfwhiteboy blue, white and silver outfit 12
Just sprucing up my tree here. Ha!

halfwhiteboy blue, white and silver outfit 13
Surrounded by awesomeness.

halfwhiteboy shangri-la makati christmas installation 02
Finally, no more people. I can't get over how magnificent a job Makati Shang did here.

I should definitely go back here. With Kwittiegirl.
_________________
Suit (H&M); shirt (Topman); shoes (Swear London).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FRAGRANCE | Green Cedar EDT by Bench: An environmentally-conscious offering from the Philippines' premier retail brand

Man of style: Steven Tyler